International Conference on African Pentecostalism
Theme: Globalisation of African Pentecostalism: The Changing face of World Christianity
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION EXTENDED
Every interested participants should please submit their ABSTRACT of not more than 300 words with at least 5 keywords to email@example.com on or before April 20th, 2016.
Attention has been drawn to the social, economic and political dimensions of African Pentecostalism generally. However, the urbanisation of African Pentecostalism across the globe necessitates a critical engagement with the redrawing of the political map of World Christianity. It is therefore, in response to all these issues that the Redeemed Christian Bible College and the Department of Religious Studies of the University of Ibadan have jointly organised the 2016 International Conference titled, “ Globalisation of African Pentecostalism: The Changing face of World Christianity.”
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
To give attention to these issues and engage recent conversations on the subject-matter in order to get some rewarding responses, the theme of the conference will be addressed with, but not limited to, the following sub-themes:
• African Pentecostalism and Globalisation
• African Pentecostalism-Migration and Cultural Identity within and outside Africa.
• African Pentecostalism and Politics
• African Pentecostalism and Music
• African Pentecostals and the challenges of Religious Identity.
• African Pentecostalism and Ethics within and outside Africa.
• African Pentecostalism and Mission within and in diaspora.
• Migration Within and Across Africa’s Borders and the Laws.
• African Pentecostalism and media within Africa and Diaspora.
• African Pentecostalism and space contestation in Africa and Diaspora.
• African Pentecostalism and Development within Africa and Diaspora.
• African Pentecostalism and political map of World Christianity.
• African Pentecostalism and Gender Issues.
Programme commences with the welcome address by 5pm.
Conference days: 20th&21st of July 2016.
Departure: 23rd of July 2016
Bank: UNITY BANK PLC
Account Name: THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN BIBLE COLLEGE (RCBC)
Account No: 0025095346
Dollar Payment (US)
Correspondent Bank: DEUTSCHE BANK TRUST AMERICAS, NEW YORK
Swift Code: BKTRUS33
Account No: 04430630
Beneficiary Bank: UNITY BANK PLC
Swift Code: ICITNGLA
Beneficiary: THE RCBC
Account No: 0025095463